Full Name: Ijeh, Ifeoma Irene
Date of Birth: 12th April 1965
Place of Birth: Anua, Uyo, Nigeria
Residential Address: Dr. Alozie’s Quarters, Isiama Afaraukwu,
Behind No. 1 Okpara Avenue, Umuahia
Permanent Home Address: 7 Jarret Street, Asaba, Delta State
Marital Status: Married
No. of children (ages): Four (21, 19+, 14+ and11)
Name and address of spouse: Dr. Ikechukwu B. Ijeh
Dept of Physics, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Phone contact: +2348064719842
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
1971-1973 Holy Rosary School, Aba
1973-1976 Constitution Crescent Pri Schl, Aba First School Leaving Certificate (Merit)
1976-1981 Queen’s School, Enugu West African School Certificate
1981-1985 University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria B.Sc. Hons. in Biochemistry
1987-1989 University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry
1992-1999 University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria. Ph.D degree in Biochemistry
2005- Pointman Leadership Institute Training in Principle Based leadership. Level One (Importance of Ethics). Certificate of Completion
2008- Jerusalem Pilgrim Certificate for completion of the 2008 Pilgrimage to Israel.
NON TENURED POSITIONS
DATE EMPLOYMENT POSITION/JOB DESCRIPTION
1985-1986 Army Day Secondary School NYSC (Science Teacher)
Army Barracks, Ogoja
1988 Biochemistry Department Practical Demonstrator
University of Port Harcourt
1989-1992 PRODA Enugu Research Officer 1
1989-1994 PRODA Enugu Snr. Research Officer
1994-1997 Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU) Lect II
1997-2000 “ Lect I
2000-2001 “ Snr Lecturer
2001- 2007 Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Snr Lecturer
2007-2010 “ Assoc. Professor
2010-date “ Professor
APPOINTMENTS HELD WITH DATES:
1996-1997: Deputy Head of Department, Medical Biochemistry, CMHS, ABSU, Uturu.
1997-2001: Head of Department, Medical Biochemistry, CMHS, ABSU, Uturu.
2006 – 2008: Head, Dept of Biochemistry, CNAS, MOUA, Umudike, (Successfully led the Department through Accreditation visitation)
Nov 2008- May 2010Acting Director, Centre for Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology (Pioneered the Acting director). Achievements: Developed the vision and mission for the Centre. Supervised, planned building and delivery of Equipment for the for the Centre.
Initiated linkages with National and Zonal Biotechnology programmes and other sister Institutions.
Apr-May 2009: Visiting Scholar, Utah State University, Logan, Utah State, USA
Feb. 2010-Jan 2011: Visiting Lecturer, University of Port Harcourt, PH
May 2011 to date: Desk Officer TETFUND Academic Staff Training and Development, MOUAU
December 2011 to May, 2013: Ag.Head Dept of Chemistry
May 2013-date: Dean College of Natural Sciences, MOUAU
Feb 2013-date: Member Governing Council, MOUAU
AD HOC, UNIVERSITY ASSIGNMENTS/ COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS IN ABSU
1997-2001 Member, University Senate
1999-2001 Hall Mistress, Aguiyi Ironsi Hostel, ABSU
1998-2001 Welfare Officer, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) ABSU
May 2000 Chairman, Panel of Investigation into Examination Malpractice in IDEA – Lagos Outreach of Abia State University, Uturu
March 2000. Chairman, Panel of Investigation into Alleged cases of Examination Malpractice that took place during the 1st and 2nd semester examinations of 1999/2000 Session, IDEA Lagos Outreach of ABSU.
2000- 2001 Member, Panel of Investigation on Alleged demanding and receiving of gratification from a student by a Patrol Supervisor.
Oct. 2000 Chairman, Panel of Investigation into a Case of Examination Malpractice in a Student Project: ABSU
STATUTORY COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS IN MOUAU
2002-Date Member, University Senate
2006-2008 Member, Board of the Postgraduate School
2011-to date “
2002 - 2006 College Representative on the Board of School of General and Remedial
2013(Feb) –Date: Member, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Governing Council.
AD HOC, UNIVERSITY ASSIGNMENTS
2004 - 2006 Hall Mistress, Female Hostel
Feb. 2004 Member, Senate Committee on Preparation of Students Results and Transcripts
Feb. 2006 Member, Senate Panel of Investigation into the Disturbances by Students on 21st February in MOUAU
2006 Chairman, Panel of Investigation into Alleged Victimization of 2 Students in a course taught by Dr. U.A.U. Onyebinama.
2006 Member, MOUAU Taskforce on Utilities.
2007-date Member, MOUAU Committee on Staff Physical Fitness Exercise
2008 - date Member, Senate Committee on University Endowment
2008 Member, Senate Committee on Review of Examinations and Examination Procedures.
2011-date: Member Committee on Reorganization of Academic Programmes in the MOUAU
Sept - Oct 2011:Member panel of Investigation on Allegation of Sexual Harassment made by
Chioma Ezera against Mr H.U.Onyendi.
Oct –Nov. 2011: Panel of investigation on non-release of outstanding examination results of Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Science students.
February 2012-Date: Member, Local Organizing committee on International Training Workshop on Production of Organic Honey and other Honey Bee products in the tropics.
May -2012-date-Member, Committee on Production of Establishment to guide MOUAU in Appointments and Promotions of Staff.
COMMITTEES AND APPOINTMENTS EXTERNAL
2011 to date: National financial secretary, Nigerian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
INEC Returning Officer, April 9th , 2011National Assembly Elections at Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency , Abia State.
INEC Returning Officer, State House of Assembly Elections at Umuahia South Staate Constituency held 26th April, 2011.
INEC LGA Collation Officer Umuahia South LGA, Abia State for GubernatorialElections held, 26th April, 2011.
INEC LGA COLLATION OFFICER, RUN OFF ELECTIONS IMO STATE
JAMB UTME Supervision, 2012- Abia State
EXTERNAL MODERATION OF EXAMINATIONS
External Examiner: Undergraduate, Department of Biochemistry, University of Benin,
External Examiner: Undergraduate, Department of Biochemistry, Rhema University, Aba, 2014-
Doctoral External Examinatinons
2012: Egbuonu Anthony Chinedu (PG/Ph.D/09/1193). Effect Of High L-Arginine on Selected Markers of Metabolic Syndrome in Albino rats” University of Nigeria
2014: Ekwe, Asuquo O.(NFS/Ph.D/09/001). Report on Examination of “Effect of Sex, Age and Food type on Glycaemic index of Some Staple foods consumed in Calabar Metropolis , University of Calabar
2008. Nkwonta, C.G. “The nutritional potential and biochemical effects of Tetracarpidium conophorum nut as a dietary protein supplement in male albino rats”. University of Nigeria, Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (23rd September 2008).
2009. Ogbu, Ambrose Ejiofor. “Effect of Esculetin on some Biochemical Parameters of Rats” University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (11th November 2009).
2009. Edokwe, Chinelo. “Comparative studies of some Nutritional factors of Persea Americana and Dacryodes edulis and their effects on some Biochemical parameters in albino rats”.
University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (18th December, 2009).
2011: Uchendu Nene Orizu: Body fat and Blood pressure levels of pupils in selected primary schools in Nsukka Local Government.
University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2011)
2011: Kelechi Ebisike Vivian : Incidence of Obesity and it’s predisposition to Metabolic syndrome among female students of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2011).
2011: Akpata Ebere Immaculata (Pg/M.Sc/09/51158). Calcium, Magnesium And Zinc Concentrations in Selected Leafy Vegetables and the Seeds of Legumes, Gourds And Fruits”
University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2012).
2012: Odo, Ifeoma Felicia (PG/MSc/08/49148)
The Relationship among Body Composition, Body Mass Index, Sodium and Potassium Ions in a Population Of Secondary School Students In Enugu And Its Environs” University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2012).
2013: AGHARA, IFEYINWA DOROTHY (PG/M.Sc/10/57053).
“A comparative study of the Effects of leaf Extracts of Moringa oleifera and Telfairia occidentalis on some Biochemical and Haematological parameters in wistar rats. University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2013).
2013: ONYEA-AGOWO EBELE (PG/M.Sc/07/43870).
Cytotoxicity and Antretroviral effects of the Aqueous, Methanol and Chloroform Extracts of Moringa Oleifera Roots , University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2013).
2013: Anaduaka, Emeka Godwin
Comparative Anti-Diabetic Effects of Ethanol Extracts of Newbouldia leavis Leaves and Stem on Some Biochemical and Histopathological Indices in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats University of Nigeria Nsukka - Examination of Masters Dissertation (2013).
2014: Afia, Inimfon Uko (g2011/MSc/BCH/FT/369)
Implications of Cassava Extract from Bodo City, an
Oil-polluted community in Ogoni land on Biochemical parameters, Hematological indices and Liver enzymes/histology”, University of Port –Harcourt-Examination of MSc dissertation 2014
2014 Emeh, Cynthia Chioma (G2011/MSC/BCH/PT/381).
:Chemical Composition And Anti-Hyperlipidemic Activities Of Aqueous Extracts Of Costus Afer (Bush Cane) Stems”, By Emeh Cynthia .University of Port –Harcourt-Examination of MSc dissertation 2014
2014: Eteng, Ofem Effiom ( BCHM/M.Sc/11/017) Comparative Effect of Two Anti-Diabetic Plants Cataranthus Roseus And Nauclea Latifolia on Some Biochemical Indices of Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Albino Wistar. Rats Dept of Biochemistry, University of Calabar.
2014: Uti Daniel Ejim (BCHM/M.Sc/11/003) Biochemical and Histo-Pathological Evaluation of Vernonioside E Saponin in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Albino Wistar Rats. Dept of Biochemistry, University of Calabar.
Examined several MSc for Department of Biochemistry, University of Port Harcourt, University of Benin, Federal University of Technology Owerri.
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES
1. Member, Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) - 1988 to date.
2. Member, Third World Organization for Women in Science. (TWOWS) - 1990 to date
3. Fellow African Scientific Institute (ASI). March 2011 to date.
4. Associate Member; American Society for Nutrition: 2013 to date
CURRENT RESEARCH FOCUS
TEAM: Ijeh, I.I (PI), Herbert U, Onwuka G.I., Asomugha A, Ejike E.C.C, Egedigwe C.A
Awards: An award of Excellence by 2011/2012 EXCO of the Nigerian Society for Biochemistry Students (NABS).
Successfully supervised 12 M.Sc. candidates (Research completed and thesis successfully defended) and 3 Ph.D students.
Currently supervising five (6) Postgraduate students.
M.Sc. Supervision successfully completed.
1. Elezuo, Elezuo Okorie (2006). Effect of some processing methods on the malonaldehyde content of some selected Nigerian legumes and cereals.
2. Okorie, Uchechukwu (2008). Predisposition to atherosclerosis in Umuahia and Ishiagu residents using elevated lipid levels as indices.
3. Igwe, Kalu K. (2008). Effect of administration of aqueous extract of Vernonia amygdalina Del on uterine contraction and milk production in guinea pigs.
4. Orieke, Daniel A (2009). Changes in plasma alkaline phosphatase activity, calcium and albumin concentration during adolescents in an urban and rural Abia State locality.
5. Nwokohuru, O. W. (2009). Effect of storage on the oxidative stability of palm oil samples produced from Elaeis guineensis and Elaeis oleifera.
6. Akpan, Christiana Ukpong (2009). Plasma iron zinc and iodine concentrations in subjects aged nine to sixteen in Abia state Nigeria.
7. Ibe, Daberechi (2009). The effect of storage on the indigenous antioxidant content of some in fruits.
8. Egedigwe, Chima Agatha (2010). Effect of dietary Vernonia amygdalina Del and Vernonia colorata Willd on blood lipid profile and relative organ weights in albino rats.
9. Onwukwe Amarachukwu Ulunma (2010) Effect of dietary incorporation of Vernonia amygdalina . Del and Vernonia colorata on some pancreatic and kidney functions of albino rats.
10. Edward A.C (2010). Nutritional and Phytochemical composition of fresh and processed leaves of Bush Apple, Sweet- After (Heinsia crinata).
11. Ahaiwe Udochi Elvis(2012) The effect of oral administration of leaf extract of Vernonia amygdalina on Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia in rats.
Doctoral Level Research
1989 M.Sc. Research Embodied by Thesis: ß- amylase from some Local plant materials. Enzymes were isolated and partially purified and crystallized by freeze drying from over twenty plant sources, viz: cereals and tubers
1999 Ph.D. Research Embodied by Thesis: Role of two varieties of Vernonia amygdalina in Chemoprevention of AFBI induced hepatotoxicity. Research involved animal experiments, feed formulation, toxin administration, estimation of enzymes involved in detoxification and liver function.
Courses taught at undergraduate
BCM 211-General Biochemistry 1
BCM 221- General Biochemistry 1
BCM 318:Nutritional Biochemistry
BCM 416: Industrial Biochemistry
BCM 422: Biochemical Reasoning
BCM 424: Biochemical Pharmacology
BCM 811-Advanced general Biochemistry
BCM 812-Nutritional Biochemistry
BCM 912-Membrane and organelle Biochemistry
BCM 913-Advanced neurobiochemistry
BCM 822- Res. Methods in Biochemistry
BCM: 825: Biochemical Pharmacology and toxicology
1. Nedolisa, I.I. and Ayalogu, E.O. (1992). ß-amylase from some Nigerian Tubers. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry 7: 47-52.
2. Ijeh, I.I. (1996) Incidence of Proteinuria in Pregnancy in Normotensive Nigerian women. Orient Journal of Medicine 8 (1-4): 36-39.
3. Ijeh, I.I., Nwaugo V.O. and Obidoa, O. (1996). Comparative Studies on the Nutritive Phytochemical and Antimicrobial Properties of Two Varieties of Vernonia amygdalina. Plant Products Research Communications 1(1): 71-75. .
4. Ngwu, N., and Ijeh, I.I. (1999). Effects of Cold Extracts of Azadiracta indica, A. Juss on rat liver enzymes. Plant Products Research Journal 4: 17-22.
5. Udensi, E.A., Ijeh, I.I. and Akandu, C.G. (2000). Performance of Rats fed some Weaning Diets with Locally Sourced Ingredients. Journal of Health and Visual Sciences 2: 6-11.
6. Ngwu, N and Ijeh, I.I. (2000). Nutritive Value of Some Selected Indigenous Spices. Plant Products Research Journal 5: 33-37.
7. Ijeh, I.I. and Obidoa, O. (2001). Effect of Dietary Incorporation of Two Varieties of Vernonia amygdalina on Mean Relative Organ Weights of Weanling Albino Rats. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 16(3 ): 50 (Proc. Supplement).
8. Udensi, E.A., Ijeh, I.I and Ogbonna, U. (2002). Effect of Traditional Processing on the Phytochemical and Nutrient Composition of some Local Nigerian Leafy Vegetables. Journal of Science and Technology 8: 35-38.
9. Ijeh, I.I., Unaegbu, S.U. and Anaga, A.O. (2004). Studies on some Nutritional and Toxicological Properties of Mucuna sloanei. Journal of Biological Research and Biotechnology 2(1): 24 – 28.
10. Ijeh, I.I., Njoku, O.U. and Ekenze, E.C. (2004). Medicinal Evaluation of Extracts of Xylopia aethiopica and Ocimum gratissimum. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Sciences 26(1): 44 – 47.
11. Ijeh, I.I. and Obidoa, O. (2004). Effect of Dietary incorporation of Vernonia amygdalina Del on AFB1 Induced hepatotoxocity in Weanling Albino rats. Jamaican Journal of Science and Technology 15:32-36.
12. Njoku, O.U., Ijeh, I.I., Njinaka, A.E., Alumanah, E.O. and Ezeanyika, L.U.S. (2004). The Effect of some Respiratory Inhibitors on the Lipase Activity of Germinating Peanuts. Bio-Research 2(2): 34 – 36.
13. Ijeh, I.I, and Omodamiro, O.D. (2005). Antimicrobial Effects of Ethanolic and Aqueous Fractions of two Spices, Ocimum gratissimum and Xylopia aethiopica. Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants 13: 455-460.
14. Ijeh, I.I. and Agbo, C.C A. (2006). Body and Organ Weight Changes Following Administrations of Aqueous Extracts of Ficus exasparata. Vahl on white Albino Rats. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 5 (4):277-279.
15. Ijeh, I.I. and Agomuo, O. (2006). Effects of aqueous extracts of Hyptis suaveolens Poit on liver function in an experimental rabbit model. Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants 18:339-343.
16. Ijeh I.I and Adedokun, A.T (2006) Effects of Administration Ethanolic Extract of Vernonia amygdalina .Del on Kidney Function of Experimental Rabbit Model. Research Journal of Biotechnology 1(1):34-35.
17. Ijeh, I.I and Elezuo, E.O (2007). Effect of Some Processing Methods on Malonaldehyde Contents of Some Cereals. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences 13(3):383-386
18. Ijeh, I.I., Edeoga, H.O., Jimoh, M.A. and Ejeke, C. (2007). Preliminary Phytochemical, Nutritional and Toxicological Evaluation of Leaves and Stems of Hyptis suaveolens. Research Journal of Pharmacology 1(2): 34-36.
19. Ijeh, I.I. and Ukweni, A.I. (2007). Acute Effect of Administration of Ethanol Extracts of Ficus exasperate Vahl on Kidney Function in Albino Rats. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 1(2): 27-29.
20. Ijeh, I.I., Nworgu, E.C. and Agriga, M.E. (2007). Evaluation of Nutritional Status of Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Clinic in Federal Medical Centre Umuahia (Abia State) Using Biochemical Indices. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences 28(2): 98-103.
21. Onimawo I.A, Ijeh, I.I., Ukoha, U. and Nwachukwu, G.T. (2007). Determination of the glycemic index steamed cakes using two different legumes, bambara nut (Vigna subterranean) and cowpea (Vigna unguiculata). African Journal of Biochemistry Research 1(7):142-147.
22. Udensi, E.A., Ijeh, I.I. and Kanu, C.P. (2008). Effect of processing on the toxicity of Mucuna jaspada flour. African Journal of Biotechnology 7(18):3357-3359.
23. Ijeh, I.I. and Elezuo, E.O (2008). Changes in malonaldehyde contents of some roasted legumes. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 23(1): 39-41.
24. Nwaogu, I.A, Onyeze, C.E, Alisi, C.S., Ijeh, I.I. and Onyeze, G.O.C. (2008). Petroleum hydrocarbon induced changes in tissues of the native fowl (Gallus domesticus) following chronic exposure. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 23(1): 42-46
25. Udensi, E.A, Ijeh, I.I. and Ikealugo, E.C. (2009). Nutrient content and toxicological properties of Raw and Processed Mucuna cochinchinensis. Journal of Science and Technology 15: 29-32
26. Omale, J., Okafor, P.N. and Ijeh, I.I. (2009). Studies on the Glyconutrients and Antimicrobial Efficacy of Cissus multistriata. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2(3): 67-74
27. Omale, James, Okafor, Polycarp Nnacheta and Ijeh, Irene Ifeoma (2009). Chemical composition and effects of aqueous extracts of Cissus multitrata on some biochemical parameters in albino rats. International Journal of Pharm. Tech. Research 1(3):509-513
28. Ijeh, Ifeoma Irene and Orieke, Daniel (2009). Changes in Alkaline phosphatase activity during adolescence in an urban and sub urban locality in Abia State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 23(2): 30-34
29. Ijeh, Ifeoma I., Okwujiako, Ikechukwu A., Nwosu, Princess C. and Nnodim, Henry I. (2009). Phytochemical composition of Pleurotus tuber-regium and effect of its dietary incorporation on body organ weights and serum triacylglycerols in albino mice. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research 3(11): 941-945.
30. Ijeh, I.I., Igwe, K.K. and Ejike, C.E.C.C. (2010). Effect of leaf Aqueous extracts of Vernonia amygdalina Del on contraction of mammary gland and uterus of guinea pig dams. American Journal of Tropical and Public Health.1(3); 107-116
31. Omale, J., Okafor, P.N. and Ijeh, I.I. (2010). Partial purification and antioxidant activity of partially purified Cissus multistriata leaf extract fractions. International Journal of Pharm. Tech. Research 2(1): 216-221.
32. Ijeh, I.I. and Egedigwe, C.A. (2010). Effect of dietary incorporation of Vernonia colorata (Willd) leaves on blood lipid profile in Albino rats. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences 4(1):100-106.
33. Omale, J., Okafor, P.N. and Ijeh, I.I. (2010). Assessment of bioactivity and membrane stabilizing potentials of Cissus multistriata fruits extracts. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology 1(4):774-778
34. Ejike, C.E.C.C., Nwankwo, O.O and Ijeh, I.I (2010). Consumption of coconut milk did not increase cardiovascular risk in mice. International Journal of Current Research 6:63-64.
35. Ijeh I I and Nwoji V.D. (2010) Changes in some biological parameters and serum lipids in rats fed 40% Vernonia amygdalina (Del) and Vernonia colorata (Willd) incorporated diets. International Journal of Current Research 9: 10-13
36. Ijeh, Ifeoma Irene and Obidoa, Onyechi (2010) Biochemical and histopathological changes in liver of albino rats fed diets incorporated with Vernonia amygdalina and Vernonia colorata leaves. International Journal of Medicine and Molecular Sciences 2(10):285-289.
37. Ijeh, I.I., Okorie, U and Ejike, C.E.C.C (2010). Obesity, metabolic syndrome and BMI-metabolic-risk sub-phenotypes: A study of an adult Nigerian population. Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 1(6): 254-260.
38. Egedigwe, A.C and Ijeh I.I (2010). Body and Organ Weight changes following dietary incorporation of Vernonia colorata and Vernonia amygdalina Del in albino rats. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences 31(2): 58-62
39. Ijeh, I.I. and Ejike, Chukwunonso E. C.C.C (2010) Current perspectives on the medicinal potentials of Vernonia amygdalina Del. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research, 5(7): 1051-1061
40. Ijeh, I.I., Ejike, E.C.C., Nkwonta, M.O. and Njoku, B.C. (2010). Effect of traditional processing techniques on the Nutritional and Phytochemical Composition of African Bread-fruit (Treculia africana) seeds. Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management 14(4): 169-173.
41. Ijeh, I.I, Okorie, U. and Ejike, E.C.C. (2010). Serum lipid profile and lipid pro-atherogenic indices of a cohort of Nigerian adults with varying glycemic indices and blood pressure phenotypes. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences, 4(6):2102-2112.
42. Egedigwe A.C. and Ijeh. I.I. (2010). Lipid changes in albino rats fed diets incorporated with Vernonia amygdalina .Del leaves. Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 25(2): 105-110.
43. Obimba K.C, Ijeh I.I and Okafor P.N (2011) Effects of weaning formulae and electrolyte quality of water on rats administered with contaminated water sources. African Journal of Biochemistry Research Vol. 5(8), pp. 244-254,
44. Ijeh I. I, Nwokohuru O.W.and Ejike E.C.C (2011) Oxidative stability of Red Palm oil from two oil palm varieties- Elais guineensis and Elais Oleifera : Comparative effects of storage temperate and duration. Continental J. Food Science and Technology, 5 (2): 18-22
45. Ejike. E.C.C and Ijeh I.I (2012) Obesity in young-adult Nigerians: variations in prevalence determined by anthropometry and bioelectrical impedance analysis, and the development of % body fat prediction equations. International Archives of Medicine, 5:22 doi:10.1186/1755-7682-5-22
46. Ukaegbu P.O, Uwaegbute A.C, Ijeh I.I and Anyika J.U (2012) Influence of Maternal Anthropometric Measurements and Dietary Intake on Lactation performance in Umuahia Urban Area, Abia State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences. 33(2):31-39
47. Ejike, C.E.C.C and Ijeh I.I(2012). Hypertension and anxiety in young Nigerian adults: a study of an undergraduate population. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Allied Sciences. 9(3):1564-1573.
48.Ejike, C E.C.C, Aireku I.P, Attah, P.C, Ijeh 11 and Ugwu C.E(2012). Digging a little below the surface of the relationship between blood pressure and obesity: Dichotomous correlations in young-adult Nigerians. Continental Journal of Biomedical Scieences. 6 (2): 12-21
49. Ijeh , I.I, Amadi, P.I and Ejike, E.C.C (2013) Improvement of glucose tolerance in fed with diets containing Vernonia amygdalina leaves. Biokemistri 25(1): 1-5
50. Ukaegbu, P.O and Ijeh I.I(2013) Protein and Amino acid composition of breast milk of mothers in Umuahia, Urban Nigeria. European Journal of Experimental Biology. 3(3):605-608
51. Ikewuchi J. C , Ikewuchi, C. C., Ifeanacho, M. O., Igboh, N M. and . Ijeh, I. I (2013) Moderation of hematological and plasma biochemical indices of sub-chronic salt-loaded rats by aqueous extract of the sclerotia of Pleurotus tuber regium (Fr) Sing's: Implications for the reduction of cardiovascular risk. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 150:466–476
52. Udoete U.B., Ohaeri O.C and Ijeh I.I (2013). The hypolipidaemic effect of Aqueous extract of Discorea bulbifera Bulbis on Streptozocin-Induced Diabetic albino wistar rats. African Journal of Medical Sciences. 6(1):109-115.
53. Asomugha R.N, Okafor P.N, Ijeh I.I, Asomugha A.L and Ndefo J.C (2013) Toxicological Evaluation of Aqueous Leaf Extract of Chromolaena Odorata in Male Wistar Albino Rats. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 3(12):89-92
54. Asomugha R.N, Okafor P.N, Ijeh I.I, Orisakwe O. E and Asomugha A. L (2014) Hepatic effects of aqueous extract of Chromolaena odorata in male Wistar albino rats. Pharmacology online. Archives.1 :127-136
55. Ijeh, I.I and Akomas, S.C (2005). Effect of Oral Administration of Ethanolic Extracts of Vernonia amygdalina on the Exocrine Functions in Weanling Rabbits. Proceedings of the 30th Annual conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production. 30: 109-112.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
56. Ijeh, I.I (1997). Traditional Medical Practices Among the Igbo. In: Nigerian Heritage. J.O. Onwuka and S.C. Ahaiwe (Eds). Okigwe: Whytem Publishers, pp. 161-172
57. Ijeh I.I (1998). Historical Development of Chemistry as a Branch of Science. In: An Introduction to History, and Philosophy of Science. (A Freshman course). M.O. Oleka (Ed). Okigwe: Whytem Publishers. Chapter 6, pp. 74-85.
58. Ijeh, I.I (1998). Historical Development of Biology as a Branch of Science. In: An Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Science (A Freshman course). M. O. Oleka Whytem Publishers. Chapter 7, pp. 87-96.
59. Ijeh, I.I (1999). Sickle Cell Anaemia. In: Health and Social Problems. J.B. Adams (Eds). Okigwe: Crystal Publishers. Chapter 2, pp. 25-31.
60. Ijeh, I.I (1999). Cancer. In: Health and Social problems. J.B Adams (Eds). Okigwe: Crystal Publishers. Chapter 3, pp. 32-38.
61. Okeke, C.U. and Ijeh, I.I (2001). African medicinal plants: In Modern text in History and
Philosophy of Science. C.I. Ogbonna and N.B Onyike (Eds). Crystal publishers, Okigwe, Nigeria. Chapter 21, pp. 388-400
62. Ekpo B.O., Ijeh, I.I. and Onwucheka C.E. (2001). Health in a changing environment. The Killer diseases: Cancer, AIDS, Heart Attack and Stroke. In: Modern text in History and Philosophy of Science. C.I. Ogbonna and N.B. Onyike, (Eds). Okigwe: Crystal Publishers. Chapter 23, pp. 420-440.
63. Ekpo, B.O., Chinyere G.C., Ijeh, I.I. and Edeogu, C.O (2000). General Biochemistry. In: Multiple choice questions with answers. Okigwe: Crystal Publishers. 100pp.
CONFERENCES, SYMPOSIA AND WORKSHOPS
1. 12th Annual Conference of the Biochemical Society of Nigeria. 2nd - 4th Nov., 1998 at University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Paper presented: “Local Sourcing for ß-amylase” Cassava, Manihot esculenta (Crantz) starch using ß-amylase from red sweet potatoes.
2. 15th Annual Scientific Conference of the Biochemical Society of Nigeria, October 1989 at Abia State University, Uturu
3. 15th Annual Scientific Conference of the Biochemical Society of Nigeria, 7th - 10th Nov., 1990 held at Lagos State University Conference Centre, Topo Badagry. Paper presented: Ijeh, I.I. and Okafor L.E., “Hydrolysis of Cassava Manihot esculenta. Crantz using b-Amylase from red sweet potatoes”.
4. 5th Annual Conference of the Chemical society of Nigeria. Anambra State Chapter. 3rd July 1991. Paper presented: Ijeh, I.I. “Biochemical and phytochemical evaluation of plant materials used in Nigerian Medicinal plant preparation”.
5. International Conferences on Biotechnology for development in Africa. Priorities for the early 21st Century, 9th-13th Feb, 1997 at Nike Lake Hotel, Enugu. Paper presented: Ijeh, I.I., Nwaugo, V.O and Obidoa, O.: “Comparative studies on the Nutritive, phytochemical and Antimicrobial properties of two varieties of Vernonia amygdalina”.
6. 21st Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 19th to 22nd September 2001 at University of Nigeria Nsukka. Paper presented: Ijeh, I.I. and Obidoa, O.: “Effect of incorporation of two varieties of Vernonia amygdalina on mean relative organ weights of weanling albino rats”.
7. “Improving Adolescent and Young Women’s reproductive Health in South Eastern Nigeria (Training the trainers Workshop), held at Owerri by Forward Africa and Population Centre Unit of ABSU. Sponsored by McArthur Foundation, USA, 1997
Ijeh I I and Onwukwe A. Pancreatic amylase activity in rats administered 5 and 10% processed and unprocessed Vernonia amygdalina and Vernonia colorata.
Prof. Patrick Ebong Professor Hillary O. Edoga
Dept of Biochemistry Vice Chancellor
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
University of Calabar Umudike
Calabar, Nigeria. Abia State
Prof Michael O Monanu
Dept of Biochemistry
University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt, Rivers State